EZ³ is a multi-site enterprise zone in the Enterprise M3 area, comprising three sites Basing View, Longcross and Whitehill & Bordon. The three unique sites are connected through the value of innovation, 5G communications, cyber security and sustainable technologies.
The Enterprise Zone reflects the collaborative approach taken by Enterprise M3 and their strong partnership with Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, Runnymede Borough Council, East Hampshire District Council, Hampshire County Council, Surrey County Council, Crest Nicholson, Aviva Investors and the Homes and Community Agency, around their strong local and national reputation for enabling, creating, and driving the conditions for growth.
The Government-backed Enterprise Zone will offer a range of benefits* including:
- 100% business rates discount, worth up to £275,000 over a five year period
- High quality Business Support at each site
- Excellent transport links to London and the UKs main airports of Heathrow and Gatwick
- A highly skilled and talented workforce, with proximity to first-rate academic institutions
- Exciting potential for R&D collaboration with world class institutes on your doorstep, including The Pirbright Institute, 5G Innovation Centre, Surrey Centre for Cyber Security, and The Institute for Cyber Security Innovation
- Expert support to help access the Government R&D Tax Credit scheme
- Access to global markets through Department for International Trade
*Access to financial benefits and incentives will based on businesses meeting the eligible criteria
The three well connected sites offer further benefits unique to EZ³ .
Basing View: An Innovation District for the M3 Corridor
Basing View is Basingstoke's town central business district. Already the location for a wide variety of organisations from start-ups to global corporates, this 65-acre business district is undergoing major redevelopment and transformation, creating a modern, sustainable, commercial community situated within the town centre.
- A £50 million Network Rail regional operating and national training centre.
- The largest combined John Lewis at Home and Waitrose store in the country
- A new 60,535 sq ft speculative Grade A office development - targeted for completion in spring 2018.
- Plans for a new 153-bedroomed business class are in progress.
- £2.3 million award winning landscape works to improve the landscaping, wayfinding and public realm.
Basing View also offers great connections to the rest of the UK and Europe:
- It's located a short walk from the mainline rail station
- London is just 52 miles by road and easily accessed by the M3 motorway
- Frequent and fast train services to London just 42 minutes by direct train into London Waterloo
- Heathrow airport is only 45 minutes away, serving 75.7 million passengers and over 194 destinations every year;
- The port of Southampton is 32 miles away and the one of the country's most successful deep-water ports with facilities to handle virtually any type of cargo.
- Portsmouth International Port is Britain's best-connected ferry port with the most routes to France, Spain and the Channel Islands and takes just 52 minutes.
Longcross Park: Internationally Connected Premium Offer
An internationally significant business destination on the M3-M25 axis, closer to Heathrow than any other Enterprise Zone, with the ability to attract global companies to set the standard for business accommodation in the South East.
The site already has an established reputation for inward investment and FDI, leveraging Government resources. Educations tie ins that expand to international institutions eg links with Royal Holloway University of London cyber security base.
Longcross is an established new settlement, with a good balance of commercial and residential services, improved public and road transport, integrating harmoniously with the natural environment.
TechForest at Whitehill & Bordon: A New Economic Place
A key complement for the establishment of a vibrant new settlement, incorporating wider regeneration and transformative place-making, accommodating high growth SME's from across the region.
A unique site capitalising upon the commercial benefits of being an exemplar community, embracing ‘green' and ‘sustainability' principles which provide differentiation alongside the existing business base, a key component for the establishment of a vibrant new settlement, incorporating wider regeneration and transformative place-making.
Whitehill & Bordon is a successful and well-known location for enterprise, particularly SMEs, excelling through an open for business approach and unique supporting infrastructure. The site focuses on developing specialisms linked to large residential development, leveraging access to proportionately affordable new and existing housing stock, as a major incentive to inward investors and relocating businesses.
The location of the site reinforces the competitive advantages around the cost of labour, educated workforce whilst ensuring a holistic approach to commercial property stock improvement is undertaken to embed the area's role as a quality place to do business.
EZ³ The London & South Innovation Valley
EZ³ has plenty to offer you, whether you are a start-up, a company ready to grow or a multinational, they can help you find the right space and location for your business to thrive.
They have a professional team of experts, delivered in partnership with Invest in Hampshire, Invest in Surrey and other local partners, ready to help you through the process of joining one of the sites and becoming a part of the EZ³ community.
Please contact Enterprise M3 LEP below to start your EZ³ journey:
Tel: 01962 846755